The Navy Item Control Point/CRF database references both cataloged and non-cataloged items. Available data includes part numbers, CAGE codes, NIINs, and temporary Navy Item Control Numbers.
- Click Database > US Navy > NICP CRF.
- Type 008389412 in the NICN field, and then click Search.
- In the results list, click NICN 008389412 for part number MILR26-3 to view the cross-referenced NSN.
you also view definitions for the RNCC, VC, FC, JC, SC, AAC, SADC, DAC, CAGE, and Name of the company for part number MILR26-3.
- Click the NICN link and you see that the part and the part's NICN are cross-referenced in the FLIS database with two alternate part numbers.
The part (an inductive wire-wound fixed resistor) is now a component of an assembly. Actually, it is a component part of several assemblies, which becomes evident when you do a Super Search and the part is referenced in several databases and several different assembly kits.
- Click part number MILR26-3 to do a Super Search.
References to this part occur in 724 records in the FLIS database (with NIINS other than 00-838-9412), 197 records in the Canadian MCRL, 4 in Inventory/Capability, 397 records in the Navy CRF database, and 3 records in the Air Force D049 database.