Drawings in the FLIS Database
Haystack Gold has connected to extensive, detailed information and drawings at the DLA government site using an INC value in the FLIS Header (Segment A) window. You take values for STYL Style Designator from Haystack Gold and use those values to find pictures and drawings of a part in the IIGs located at the DLA by clicking the INC value link, or you review the many drawings in the +Drawings section of the IIGs.
The sections below give you instructions to:
- View IIG drawings
- Map a Haystack Gold Technical Characteristics STYL to a drawing at the DLA government site
- On the FLIS Search window, type 009052788 in the NIIN field, and then click Search.
The Details/Summary window with FLIS Header (Segment A) displayed.
- Click 00021 under the INC heading in the FLIS Header (Segment A).
The link takes you to a government DLA site with extensive, detailed information, including Technical Characteristics and Drawings.
- Click the links on the left side or use the scroll bar on the right of the window to move down the window. The STYL link takes you to Style Designator.
Below Style Designator +Drawings.
- Click the plus sign next to Drawings to open the section.
The Drawings section opens with many drawings you scroll through.
- Click an image to enlarge it.
There are many NIINs in the Haystack Gold FLIS Database that have a Technical Characteristic STYL code. When you note the STYL code number, you then find the matching drawing at the DLA government web site by using the INC value link.
To find a drawing using a Technical Characteristics STYL code
- Type 005862371 in the NIIN field of the FLIS Search window, and then click Search.
- On the Details/Summary window, in the NSN Detail column, click Tech Characteristics.
The Technical Characteristics list for the NIIN appears.
- Note 566 Normal Angle in the Reply column for the STYL technical characteristic.
- In the FLIS Header (Segment A) section, click the 00024 link under INC.
The DLA government site opens.
- Click STYL in the left column.
STYL Style Designator, Table 1 appears.
- Click the plus sign next to Drawings to open the pane.
- Place your cursor in some white space in Table 1 and drag the slider in the table until CB10293 appears.
- Note the number CB10293. This is the number of the drawing. Notice that the Normal Angle description matches what you noted in Haystack Gold.
- Scroll down to Drawings.
- Place your cursor in white space in the table for Drawings and locate CB10293.
- To enlarge the drawing, click the image.