The AMDF provides the most commonly used supply management data necessary to perform logistics functions. The file is used to:
- Verify Prescribed Load Lists, Authorized Stockage Lists, and Asset Balance Files
- Identify related NSN/MCN information
- Obtain information on interchangeability/substitutability and historical data to support the operations listed above
- Verify current pricing.
To do an AMDF search
- Click Database > Army > AMDF.
- Type Q19339 in the LIN field, and then click Search.
Results show eight AMDF files for a radiac set.* The eight files differ only in the AMDF price, MLC price, LCC code, SCMC, and MLC date, providing part comparison data.